Monday, August 10, 2026

Decisions, Decisions

 Decluttering isn’t always as simple as “If you don’t love it, let it go”.

What about things that are still useful? The next question is “Will I use it in the future?" There are 3 possible answers:

·      No: get rid of it.

·      Yes: Keep it

·      Maybe: Now there are more things to consider:

o   Sentimental value?

o   Will it likely ever be used? Really??

There are some things that I’m truly ready to toss. The things to keep are pretty obvious. But there are some useful things that I love but haven’t used for years; I have trouble tossing obsolete electronic devices that were once used and loved.

And some of the “maybe”s  have a purely sentimental grip on me. It is difficult to discard the things that bring back pleasant memories.The process slows down when I uncover something that once was significant because I always need to take time with it before I can dispose of it.

This process will go on for a while, but I have nothing but time.

 

No comments: