Part of today’s decluttering meant going through all the paperwork for our boat, SeaFox a Saga 43 sloop. HOLY COW!!!
Our first boat, the test case, was a new Catalina 25 foot
sloop. The idea was to learn to sail and to figure out If we thought we could
live on a boat. In addition to the sale price, we knew up front what we’d have
to pay to have it rigged and launched in a local lake. Then our dreams got much
bigger.
Then came the rest of the cost. A couple of necessary
repairs followed by upgrades. The
dollars flowed out but not all at once. One by one the improvements were
made. We put Cherrywood bookshelves in
the spot where the TV had been. Upgraded
some of the instrumentation. Got a custom-made cockpit enclosure. Dinghy
davits. Wind generator. And a couple more things. We did this over a period of
almost two years, and one at a time, the expenses were ok and we loved the
improvements. I’m so glad that I did not keep a running total of what we were
spending at the time.
It was all worth it. Our time cruising was wonderful. But I
was a bit surprised to realize how much it all cost. I’m glad we were able to
do it. I wouldn’t change a thing.
*****************************************

No comments:
Post a Comment