25 years ago
Living in Boulder, CO. When I went to take trash to the end
of the driveway, a neighbor asked if I knew about the disaster but he worded it
in such a way that I thought he was joking.
I turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit. It was hard to believe that it was real, so it took a minute to register in my brain. I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day in a state of awe and fear. What would happen next? TV cameras showed terrified people trying to outrun the spreading smoke and debris. I don’t know how to describe the feeling watching the buildings collapse – it seemed impossible. First responders worked tirelessly to rescue victims, and try to contain the fires. Some became victims themselves.
Then the Pentagon was hit.
Then we heard about the fourth plane that crashed in
Pennsylvania. It crashed because of the bravery of the passengers who
overpowered the hijackers. Everyone perished.
What a horrific day! Images are forever burned into my
brain. And maybe yours, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment