It is pretty clear that we'll stay in Vero Beach again this year until it's time to head north. Bad colds and the lingering coughs took a good two weeks of feeling completely whipped. But we're still in slug mode. There are lots of things we need to do but neither of us has gotten our act together enough to do them. If we're not careful, we won't be ready when we need to be.
I really wanted to go to the Bahamas again this year. It's too late to go now. I'd thought for a while that it would just be great to go someplace else. But where? Florida south of us hasn't had much warmer weather than we've had. Not worth the effort. And we heard yesterday that the train of cold fronts we've had here have affected the Bahamas, too.
I guess the upside is that I've tried a few new recipes that turned out pretty well. Always nice to add some variety to the menu.
At least with the full enclosure around the cockpit we can sit outside and read. On a fully sunny day it gets like a sauna up there.
So how do we get ourselves motivated???? Maybe by beginning to plan where we'll stop when we leave here. Time to get out the guide books.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Standing outside the front door watching a storm approach from the West. The clouds flash and the thunder rumbles in the distance. ...
-
I am pleased to tell you that a DNA analysis shows that Neanderthal genes comprise 3% of my genome. I am an amateur genealogist...
-
Quick answer : Not much. Then : Spies, plots, deception, fake news &, execution of rivals Now : Spies, plots, intrigue, de...
No comments:
Post a Comment